Senior digital designer
Dot has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Digital Designer to join our team and work across all our products in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
We are looking for a candidate that will have responsibility of and work on the design of all Dot’s digital assets across all our products. This will be the first in-house digital design hire within the business so we will be looking to you for great ideas, fantastic execution and the opportunity to build the design team.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for design ( in particular digital design), a keen eye for detail and a proven ability to rapidly conceptualise, iterate and deliver digital assets. The ideal candidate will also show UI/UX design skills.
A digital portfolio is a must - so we want to see examples of web design, app, motion, interactive media, digital campaign graphics. Some print work is fine though as there will be opportunities to work on offline projects from time to time.
The successful candidate will also show an understanding for branding and have typographic skills (understands typography visual hierarchy and styles).
- Work closely with our interior design team to create a brand and design aesthetic that seamlessly carries across Dot properties and to our digital products.
- Review, evolve and enhance our existing brand and digital design aesthetic and structural guidelines.
- Conceptualise and develop materials that convey cohesive messages about the Dot brand.
- Collaborate with our product and development team on software design, branding elements and icon development.
- Ensure our digital communications are consistent and a key part of a seamless on-brand customer journey across all our touch points.
- Turn complex concepts into simple and compelling stories that drive business results.
- Implement efficient design processes, including documentation, reporting and roll-out.
- Assist in managing adherence to brand guidelines in external communications by others across the Dot organization.
- Manage relationships and provide direction to outside agencies and freelancers as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Highly skilled Visual Digital Designer with a minimum of 4 years experience in a creative agency or in-house design team
- Excellent curator with the ability to recognize beautiful art direction, photography, illustration, and storytelling
- Experience in small and large-scale projects in digital media
- Experience in creative and testing strategies for digital media and online advertising
- Expert Knowledge of Adobe CC skills. - Especially Photoshop.
- Expert Knowledge of Sketch
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Ability to interpret and apply data analysis to design solutions
- Experience of testing and reporting
- UX/UI experience is a plus
- HTML/CSS experience is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Employee share scheme
- 25 days holiday a year
- Dog friendly office
- Team events and off-sites
- Flexible working options
- Pension plan
- Latest equipment to maximise your output
- Learning and education budget